The Business Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the business unit. The Business Analyst will design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. The Business Analyst will be a Project Manager and lead a number of key projects for the business unit and the company. The Business Analyst will be the functional expert on the specified application(s) and he/she will be the sole point of contact between the business unit and Information Technology’s Application Development Team and is responsible for implementing technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to management.
Major Activities Include:
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements
• Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications
• Develops project plans and identifies project milestones, phases, and elements; forms project team and establishes project budget
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, and recommending action plans
• Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users where necessary
• Prepare business requirement documents for system enhancement requests from internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborate with the development team on user interface and user experience needs
• Act as a subject matter expert on business process requirements and gather business requests and develop summarized system requirements for developers
• Work with the product development team to ensure that the acceptance criteria are met and the software meets project objectives/customer expectations as defined by the stakeholders
• Work with the development team to document system and user interface requirements, data requirements and report formats
• Test new functionality of software modifications, configuration changes and custom programs
• Assist in database administration by performing various tasks such as updating table data and/or stored procedures using SQL
• A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably within an IT related discipline
• A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Proficient in Excel, Visio, UML, Crystal Reports, and SQL Management Studio
• Written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
• Understanding of systems engineering concepts
• Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
• Business case development experience
• Modeling techniques and methods
• Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
• Good understanding of network architecture
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a consultancy role
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the title “Business Analyst” in the subject line for the position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Anatolia Tile & Stone but only candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
For more information on career opportunities or to submit a resume, email email@example.com or apply in confidence by submitting a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Anatolia Tile & Stone Inc.
8300 Huntington Rd.
Canada L4L 1A5
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838