Position Title: Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst (SQL Expert)
Posted: August 1, 2014
Key Accountabilities/Activities (summary): :
The Business Intelligence (reporting) Analyst will provide insight and intelligence to all areas of the business. This role will be developing new and innovative solutions in a fast paced environment. The BI will design, analyze, and support the business on reporting and creating dashboards using a variety of technologies, and will work closely with all lines of business and IT. The role will report into the Managing Director. This is a new role within the organization and the tasks may evolve overtime.
Major Activities Include:
• Take full responsibility for key reporting areas, producing relevant/useable information to enable recipients to make informed business decisions
• Ensure weekly/monthly/quarterly reports are delivered accurately and on time so users will always have the latest, most up to date information
• Proactively seek to develop new and better ways to present data. Look to improve technology and analytical techniques
• Provide modelling support to the business to enable accurate future planning decisions to be made
• Investigate and seek to resolve any identified data integrity issues, feeding the analysis back to the source to attempt to remove possibility of future occurrences
• Maintain and updates BI tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
• Conduct tests to ensure intelligence is consistent and accurate
• Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions
• Document specification for business intelligence or information technology reports, dashboards, or other outputs
• Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
• A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably within an IT related discipline
• A minimum 3 years of relevant experience with system design, implementation, and administration experience
• Proficient in Excel, Crystal Reports, SQL Management Studio, and previous experience with a top tier BI reporting tool will be an asset
• Written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing skills
• Understanding of systems engineering concepts
• Business case development experience
• Modeling techniques and methods
• Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
• Strong attention to detail and highly analytical
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the title “Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst (SQL Expert)” in the subject line for the position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Anatolia Tile & Stone but only candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
For more information on career opportunities or to submit a resume, email email@example.com or apply in confidence by submitting a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Anatolia Tile & Stone Inc.
8300 Huntington Rd.
Canada L4L 1A5
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838