The Quality Assurance Assistant is responsible for monitoring products as they are received through the warehouse to ensure they adhere to company and regulatory standards. This person will partner with the warehouse inspection team to review, analyze, and report on product quality discrepancies. This role will report into the Quality Control Manager.
Major Activities Include:
• Perform quality assurance activities by carefully inspecting new products to ensure criteria (i.e. dimensional accuracy, colour quality, condition etc.) are met
• Investigate quality concerns to understand the issue and severity, and inform the Quality Control Manager to ensure the issue is flagged
• Communicate product issues back to the supplier and work together on implementing a suitable corrective action plan and confirm proper follow-up is taken
• Support the inspectors with new techniques, tools, and measuring devices to improve the efficiencies in their activities
• Create and maintain all proper action plans and inspection documentation
• Create sample boards of product lines that can be utilized as a benchmark and quality control measure for inspectors
• Create and maintain a tool to monitor supplier ratings and the inspection sampling plan associated with the rating scale
• Hands on and “can-do” attitude to accomplish the goal as a team
• Additional duties as assigned
• Quality Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma required
• 2 years of experience in a quality control / inspector capacity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Previous experience working with customers or manufacturers or suppliers
• Excellent problem solving skills and highly organized
• Detail oriented, keen eye and ability to think on your feet
• Working knowledge of area calculations and imperial and metric systems
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel
• Supervisory skills would be considered an asset
• ISO and internal / external auditing experience is an asset
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment without sacrificing detail
• Able to stand for long periods of time and comfortable in an office / warehouse environment
• Occasional lifting up to 20lbs required
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the title “QA Assistant” in the subject line for the position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Anatolia Tile & Stone but only candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
For more information on career opportunities or to submit a resume, email email@example.com or apply in confidence by submitting a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Anatolia Tile & Stone Inc.
8300 Huntington Rd.
Canada L4L 1A5
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838