Position Title: Forklift Operator (Day and Evening Shift Available)
Posted: June 5, 2015
The Forklift Operator is responsible for handling the product in the warehouse. They will handle offloading product and ensuring vendor compliance as well as checking in product to our inventory. They will stock and pick the product based on established guidelines.
Major Activities Include:
• Visually inspect container to see that vendor compliance guidelines and bracing have been followed
• Report any damage or deficiencies to incoming goods to the lead hand
• Clear debris from tires to eliminate damage from bracing when unloading
• Verify correct item barcode, lot barcode and case, pallet quantity exists
• Consistently view warehouse layout and understand locations for product placements
• Open pallets
• Build pallets from heaviest item to lightest
• Provide item code visibility for checking
• Scan item, lot, and verify quantity when picking
• Ensure locations are left in orderly condition after product is picked
• Ensure pallet is secure when transporting to checking area
• Follow manual lifting process when picking cases of pallets
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 2 years previous warehouse and forklift experience
• Certified power equipment operator (If licence has less than one year remaining when hired, renewal is at operators cost, otherwise renewal is paid for by company)
• Must be familiar with truck controls
• Must operate equipment in an efficient and safe manner within the required guidelines of OSHA.
• Must wear proper safety shoes
• Radio Frequency handheld experience is an asset
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Proficiency in math skills and strong communication skills
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com and place the title “Forklift Operator - Day” or “Forklift Operator – Evening” in the subject line for the position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Anatolia Tile & Stone but only candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
For more information on career opportunities or to submit a resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in confidence by submitting a resume to:
Human Resources Department
Anatolia Tile & Stone Inc.
8300 Huntington Rd.
Canada L4L 1A5
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838