Anatolia is an award winning and leading global brand, manufacturer, importer and distributor of wall and flooring products. Our values include a focus on innovation, creativity, and technology. Based in Toronto, Anatolia is a Canadian corporation that is not only one of the largest players within the industry, but also continues to grow rapidly year after year. Each year since 2018, Anatolia has won the Canada’s Best Managed Companies award for being amongst the best-in-class of Canadian owned and managed companies and have now become a Gold Standard winner in 2021 for winning this award for 3 consecutive years.
At Anatolia we take great pride in our company PERKS;
- Opportunity for Growth
- Company Paid: Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Plan
- Team Member & Family Company Discount
- Build pallets from heaviest item to lightest
- Provide item code visibility for checking
- Scan items, lots and verify quantity when picking, making certain that items picked are accurate and proper license plates are selected
- Ensure locations are left in an orderly condition after product has been picked, adhering to communicated housekeeping protocols
- Ensure safe operating procedures for transporting materials are adhered to, specifically ensuring pallets are secure when transporting to checking area
- Follow communicated manual listing process when picking cases of pallets
- Adhere to safe lifting techniques at all times
- Visually inspect containers to see that vendor compliance guidelines and bracing have been followed
- Report any damage or deficiencies to incoming goods lead hand Clear debris to eliminate damage from bracing when unloading
- Remove pallets from container carefully to avoid damaging pallet or pallets behind pallet being unloaded
- After offloading Ocean container, labeling when required; identifying when labeling required to advise vendor for future deliveries
- Verify correct item barcode, lot barcode and case, pallet quantity exists
- Visually inspect for potential non-compliance issues
- Record quantities received - items auto-locate to temporary receiving location
- View existing locations for product, based on stock holding, add to existing location, locate in a new location or rework current location
- Principle of largest lot at the back and in forward location is primary rule.
- Organize orders to be picked, balancing open and full pallet pick assignments
- Work in conjunction with warehouse coordinator for dock/trailer allocation
- Ensure orders are checked properly for accuracy
- Provide supervisor/manager pick error sheets for discussion with staff
- Prioritize trailers to be loaded based on timelines and ensure all trailers are clean and inspected for damage
- Perform regular material handling equipment inspections (e.g. Circle Checks) in accordance with communicated procedures
- Work in accordance with communicated standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safety protocols at all times
- Carry out general housekeeping duties to ensure a tidy and clean workplace and workspace
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant forklift experience
- Work requires some analysis, problem solving and reasoning in duties that are straightforward, repetitive and involve different but related processes and methods. Some problem solving required to adjust to variations in daily duties
- Demonstrated accountability for quality, accuracy and adherence to work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with peers within a work area or have routine contact with customers or carriers
- Flexible and able to work overtime hours as required, and must be able to get to this location reliably and consistently
- Organized, detail oriented, thorough worker
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly throughout an 8 hour shift
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding warehouse environment
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment with moderate exposure to: (a) fluctuating heat and cold temperatures; (b) some noise associated with forklift traffic; and (c) WHMIS chemicals
- PPE safety equipment must be worn and precautions exercised
- Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly throughout an 8 hour shift
- Duties may require a high level of sustained visual attention for periods of time and moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis
- Work requires the ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Work requires the ability to bend, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, and stretch frequently
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes.
At Anatolia we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia Tile + Stone is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia Tile + Stone is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia Tile + Stone will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Anatolia Tile + Stone
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.