Position Title: Building Services – Janitorial Associate
The Building Services Janitorial Associate is responsible for the general housekeeping of the warehouse and its associated facilities and proper stocking of supplies.
· Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, power washing all floors daily.
· Washing windows, walls, fixtures and beams and railings per the schedule.
· Ensuring the tidiness and cleanliness of small appliances (microwaves, coffee makers, fridges, etc.) and cabinets.
· Removing of all trash in compliance with waste management protocols such as wood bins and general recycling.
· Thorough cleaning of warehouse lunchroom, offices and washrooms per communicated schedules.
· Monitoring and reporting on the inventory of cleaning supplies with regularity and accuracy.
· Maintaining the storage room in neat and organized manner.
· Reporting any and all maintenance concerns or repairs to the Warehouse Manager in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate logs are completed accurately.
· Carry out outdoor property housekeeping as needed, including garbage collection, snow removal, salting/sanding of walkways, general maintenance and repairs to property or building exterior, etc.
· Maintaining a safe work environment at all times, adhering to PPE requirements, and reporting any deficiencies immediately.
· Performing all duties in compliance with communicated safety protocols and WHMIS safety requirements.
· Providing backup coverage for other Janitorial Associates at other locations or in the office as needed.
· Performing other related duties as assigned.
· Minimum high school diploma required, but post-secondary education in a related field or a trade highly preferred
· 1 year of related warehousing and distribution experience required with demonstrated capabilities in performing all duties accurately, efficiently, and safely
· Demonstrated accountability for quality, accuracy and adherence to work instructions with some discretion required when exercising duties within pre-determined limits and procedures
· Demonstrated ability to follow established standards and procedures required, with the ability to problem solve occasional non-standard issues.
· Ability to work independently as well as with peers or direct supervisor.
· Demonstrated time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to perform work to meet deadlines and communicated expectations.
· English communication skills required, both verbal and written
· Knowledge of standard cleaning procedure and product handling and hands-on experience with standard janitorial equipment required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and compliance to WHMIS, working at heights and general health and safety protocol is required.
· Work is performed in a warehouse environment with moderate exposure to: (a) fluctuating heat and cold temperatures; (b) some noise associated with forklift traffic; (c) some conditions that require sanitation and disinfection; and (d) WHMIS chemicals.
· PPE safety equipment must be worn and precautions exercised.
· Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly throughout an 8 hour shift.
· Duties require low to moderate manual dexterity on a regular basis.
· Work requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Work requires the ability to bend, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, and stretch frequently.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Anatolia. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes.
At Anatolia we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.