- Opportunity for Growth
- Health Benefit Coverage
- Team Member & Family Company Discount
- Supervises, motivates and assigns specific responsibilities to warehouse staff to ensure customer and business needs are met.
- Serves as a ‘working supervisor,’ meaning regularly performs daily duties within the warehouse alongside staff including shipping, receiving, loading/unloading trucks, stacking/picking/palletizing, housekeeping, etc.
- Monitors employee attendance, productivity, and other performance indicators and provides counseling, mentoring and guidance to staff as required
- Enforces all company work and safety rules, always leading by example without exception
- Ensures orders are picked, packed, and shipped in accordance with designated cut-off times
- Responsible for tracking daily, weekly, monthly and annual KPIs and other departmental metrics as be established from time to time.
- Ensures company material handling vehicles are maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and serviced with regular frequency to ensure safe and proper functioning
- Coordinates work with the Warehouse Manager and other departments such as Quality, Merchandising, Customer Service, etc. as required.
- Maintains various records and reports as necessary.
- Ensures the proper handling, recording, labelling and storage of all materials and finished goods
- Recommends changes in procedures to improve the operating efficiency of the department
- Assists in onboarding and training new hires, and facilitates other training sessions as required
- Demonstrate competence and compliance in the execution of all tasks and leads by example as related to a supervisor’s obligations under S.25 and S.27 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrate competence and compliance in monitoring and managing time and attendance and ensuring hours of work requirements as outlined in S.17, S. 18, S. 20 and S.22 of the Employment Standards Act are met
- Work closely with management to achieve business objectives and support growth
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work requires some analysis, problem solving and reasoning in duties that are straightforward, repetitive and involve different but related processes and methods. Some problem solving required to adjust to variations in daily duties.
- Demonstrated accountability for quality, accuracy and adherence to work instructions with some discretion required when exercising duties within pre-determined limits and procedures
- The provision of some occasional guidance to other staff is required.
- Work is closely controlled through extensive job structuring, routine reviews, or direct oversight and as such, has very limited influence beyond the immediate work unit.
- Work occasionally requires creative or innovative thinking, problem solving, or idea generation in carrying out duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with peers within a work area or have routine contact with customers or suppliers.
- Minimal to no interaction with internal or external customers.
- No interaction with external parties that would have an impact on the employer brand or public reputation.
- Computer proficiency and literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, required.
- Experience with ERP software and warehouse management systems (SAP preferred) as well as experienced with bar coding and RF guns
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively, multitask accurately, and execute successfully by influencing others
- Post-secondary education required in a quality related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant warehousing and distribution industry experience with demonstrated progressive duties and responsibilities
- Proficient with database systems (Excel) is a must, SAP an asset
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess valid material handling vehicle
- Ability to collect and interpret warehouse-related data
- High attention to detail, results oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of emotional intelligence for enhanced performance and conflict resolution
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Most work is performed in a fast-paced warehouse environment with exposure to adverse conditions or health and safety risks with exposure to: Work is performed in a warehouse environment with moderate exposure to: (a) fluctuating heat and cold temperatures; (b) some noise associated with forklift traffic; and (c) WHMIS chemicals
- Safety equipment and precautions may be required.
- Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly throughout an 8 hour shift with low level of sustained visual attention required.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Anatolia. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes.
At Anatolia we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Anatolia is a C-TPAT facility, and as such, successful candidates who receive an offer of employment are subject to applicable background checks (criminal, credit, references and employment verification). Anatolia is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Anatolia will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance. Interested applicants should submit their updated resume and application form on or before the posting deadline closes. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
Successful candidates who are offered positions with our organization will be required to provide references and, depending on the specific role, may be subject to criminal and education background checks. Candidates requiring accommodation at any point during the recruitment process are encouraged to make their accommodation needs known. For additional information on requesting an accommodation, refer to our AODA Integrated Standard, available under the Corporate Compliance section of our website.
Vaughan, ON, L4H 4Z
Tel: 1.905.771.3800 / toll free: 1.877.311.3434
Fax: 1.905.771.6300 / toll free: 1.866.324.1838
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.